Serves 8. Prep: 20 minutes. Bake: 15 minutes
• 2 tubes ( 8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls, or Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry sheets
• 1 pound sliced Fairview Swiss Cheese, divided
• 1-114 pounds sliced or chopped in food processor corned beef
• 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
• 1/3 cup Thousand Island Dressing or to taste
• 1 egg white, lightly beaten
• 3 teaspoons caraway seeds, divided
• 2 tablespoons butter, divided
**For added flavor add 2 ounces of Parmesan shredded to top layer of cheese.
• Unroll one tube of crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations.
Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in baking dish. Brushed with melted butter. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
• Layer with half of the cheese and all of the corned beef. Combine sauerkraut and salad dressing; spread over beef. Sprinkle with Y2 of the caraway seeds. Top with the remaining cheese.
• On a lightly floured surface, press or roll second tube of crescent dough into a 13-in. x 9- in rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Place over cheese. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with remaining caraway seeds.
• Bake for 12-16 minutes or until heated through and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Facts 1 piece equals 610 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 1,905 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein.